It’s important to note that if your laptop gets wet, time is of the essence. You must turn it off, unplug it, and remove the battery at once. Every second counts. Do not bother to take the proper steps to turn it off, either – go ahead and press that power button until your machine shuts down.f the liquid was something that dries sticky, such as alcohol or sugared drinks, send it a professional to give it a thorough cleaning. But if you just spilled water, you have a chance of drying it out yourself.
1- Immediately after the spill;
Make sure your hands, and the laptop’s power button, are dry. Use a towel if necessary. Turn off the computer…and I don’t mean shutting down Windows properly. Press and hold the power button. The computer will shut down completely after five seconds. .
2- Remove any source of electricity;
Unplug the AC adapter from the wall socket. Then remove the battery, if the battery is removable. You’re now safe from shock. Unplug anything else that’s plugged in—mouse, cables, flash drives, and so on. Open and remove anything that can be opened and removed with relative ease. For instance, remove the RAM and the hard drive or SSD.
3- Dry the outside thoroughly with a towel;
Clear off a table and put a fresh towel over it. Open the laptop as wide as you can, so that the screen and keyboard are on the same plane. Then put it, face and keyboard down, on that towel-covered table. Leave it there for at least a couple of hours so that the water can drip out.
Then put it all back together and see if it works. .
4- Dry your Laptop
Leave the laptop for 48 hours in a cool, dry place allowing air to get to as much of the laptop as possible. When two days have passed, return the components to the laptop and test it out. Hopefully these steps have been enough to save your equipment, but if your laptop is non-responsive, all hope isn’t lost – a reputable PC technician may still be able to save your computer.