Th Lithium batteries degrade over time. It's critical to keep an eye on the health of a Windows 11 laptop through the battery report. The Windows 11 battery report is an HTML document that users can generate with a single command.
Microsoft designed Windows 11 to draw less power from the battery. Performance optimizations include sleeping tabs on Microsoft Edge which should use 37% less CPU on average than an active tab. Windows also prioritizes the active app in the foreground, giving it a greater share of the memory and CPU resources. Under the hood, apps and the OS itself exert a lighter load on the disk.
Windows 11 has specific hardware requirements that require more power-efficient Intel (8th-gen or later) and AMD (Ryzen 2000 series or later) chips.
How to Get a Windows 11 Battery Report From the Command Prompt
The method to get a Windows 11 battery report hasn't changed from the Windows 10 battery report. You can use the Command Prompt, PowerShell, or third-party utilities. The Command Prompt is the simplest and quickest way.
Get the latest updates with Windows Update. Go to Settings → Update & security → Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. When done, reboot your system.
1. On the Command Prompt window, type powercfg /batteryreport
2. The battery report automatically generates and saves as an HTML file in a user folder on the C Drive. Browse to the default path from File Explorer: C:\Users[YOUR USERNAME]\battery-report.html
3. Select the file and open it in the default browser.
4. Scroll through the report. Go to the Installed batteries section and examine Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity.
5. The breakdown of information is the same as Windows 10 battery report. Compare Design Capacity to Full Charge Capacity and see how much the battery can hold now. A lower Full Charge Capacity indicates a drop in battery health.
6. Read the Cycle Count. The number shows the charging and recharging cycles the laptop battery has gone through. A high cycle count will decrease the battery's health more rapidly over time.